Have a question?
If you have any questions - about anything from registering for the competition to designing & building your vehicle - please ask us via our Contact Us page.
An update to 2015 Regulation has been released and can be accessed via the Regulations section of the site.
The venue and dates for the 2015 VMSVC state Event have been finalised.
Our sponsor, Scienceworks Museum in Spotwood, has again been able to provide their support and are generously hosting the VMSVC Event for 2015. This has been confirmed as the weekend of Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 10th of October. So now we have a deadline for all the competitors to meet for having a working boat or car.
With the Event scheduled the Committee have also specified the dates for the relevant paperwork that must be completed to organise the event. As per normal the first step is the Registration of the organisation, and that information will be available on the Web site in the third week of June.
The closing dates for registration and team entry have also been set. All organisation registrations must have been received by us no later than the 28th of August this year. The paperwork for all Team entries has to be submitted before the 10th of September otherwise additional late fees will be levied. Any organisation submitting team entries after the 18th of September will be accepted only at the discretion of the Committee and may also have additional late processing fees applied.
This is all set out in the VMSVC regulations so please ensure that you have reviewed and actioned the relevant sections.
The 2015 Regulation have now been published and can be accessed via the Regulations section of the site.
The detailed race information for the Designed Cars event along with the in depth details of the 4 top vehicles is now available.
Congratulations to all our participants in the Model Solar Vehicle Challenge since 1990. If you are interested in results or event summaries please read the following PDF files.
2014 Event Results
Victorian Junior Boats
- First Place - #244 - Yellow Submarine, Warrandyte Primary School
- Second Place - #320 - Solarnators, Congupna Primary School
- Third Place -#284 - Ciruclar Tsunami, Yarraville West Primary School
- Fourth Place - #354 - COA, Bannockburn Primary Schoool
Metropolitan Junior Boats
- First Place - #265 - Shipwreckers, Syndal South PS
- Second Place - #244 - Yellow Submarine, Warrandyte PS
- Third Place - #233 - Storm Water, Notting Hill People
- Fourth Place - #291 - Spam, Yarraville West PS
- Best Poster - #249 - Why is the Ocean Blue?, Spensley Street PS
- Best use of materials - All teams - Warrandyte PS
- Best Team Uniform - #211 - Speedy Gonzales, Deepdene PS
- Best First Entry - Notting Hill People
- Best Captain and Crew - #252 - Fish and Ship, Spensley Street PS
- Best Team Effort - #278 - Flying Unicorns, Whitehouse PS
The dates for the VMSVC Scienceworks Event have been finalised.
- July 2015
- August 2015
Team Entries Open
- 28th of August 2015
- 10th of September 2015
Team Entries Finalised
- 18th of September 2015
Team Entries Closed
- September 2015
Pursuit Event, Melbourne Museum
- October 2015
10th and 11th
Main competition at ScienceWorks